What is Hericor- MRL®?
Hericor-MRL® is a powder combination of two mushroom biomasses (Coriolus versicolor and Hericium erinaceus) jointly providing three important enzyme groups that reduce brain inflammation(1) by increasing anti-oxidant activity and act as prebiotic(2).
These enzyme groups are(3,4,5) :
Enzymes that prevent oxidative stress
- - Laccase
- - Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
Enzymes that prevent cellular growth
- - Protease
- - Glucoseamylase
Enzymes that promote detoxification
- - Peroxidase
- - Cytochrome P-450
- - Cytochrome P-450 reductase
The combined effect of the aforementioned enzymes activity is the promotion of a healthy digestive system.
How can enzyme therapy in the form of Hericor –MRL® maintain a healthy digestive function?
- a) Reducing oxidative stress(6);
- b) Increasing detoxification of the digestive tract;
- c) Inhibiting those cellular factors responsible for oxidative stress(7,8).
250 g biomass powder of Coriolus versicolor (50%) and Hericium erinaceus (50%) with a 2 g spoon. (Hericor-MRL® is supplied by Mycology Research Laboratories Ltd).
1. Redox modulation of cellular stress response and Lipoxin A4 expression by Hericium erinaceus in rat brain: relevance to Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis.
Calabrese V. et al. Immunity and Ageing, 2016, 13:23
2. Redox modulation of cellular stress response and Lipoxin A4 expression by Coriolus versicolor in rat brain: relevance to Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis.
Calabrese V. et al. NeuroToxicology Journal, August 2015
3. Study of the Bioactive properties of mushroom Coriolus veriscolor.
M. Pintado et al. Clinical Journal of Mycology Vol. V,January 2017
4. Comparative Enzyme Analysis of Polyporus umbellatus, Agaricus blazei, Pleurotus osteratus and Hericium erinaceus.
Cornelius et al. Clinical Journal of Mycology, 3:1, 2-4. September 2009.
5. Link between Herpes Simplex Virus and Alzheimer´s Disease: Potential Role of Mushroom Nutrition in Prevention.
Fernandes et al. Vol 4, 10-12. January 2014.
6. Mushroom Nutrition as a Target for Novel therapeutic Strategies: Relevance to Nutritional Approaches and Antioxidant Redox Modulation in Antiaging Medicine.
Cornelius et al. Clinical Journal of Mycology, 3:1, 2-4. September 2009
7. Coriolus versicolor Supplementation in Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Dr. Rasendra Sharma, Mycology News 10, 1:10, 1-2. August 2005.